When I first found this recipe, I was skeptical – mostly in that I typically don’t like raw broccoli. Scratch that – I simply, outright don’t like raw broccoli. And cauliflower for that matter! Originally I had thought about lightly cooking both the broccoli and onion but I was being lazy when I had to make it, so I decided to keep it raw.
And I’m glad I did!
All the ingredients blended really well and the dressing was delicious. This salad would work well with adding chickpeas and bell pepper. Would be good at a summer BBQ. I added my Sticky Tofu to it for dinner one day and had the rest in my lunch the next. I will definitely be adding this to my regular arseneau of recipes!
- 1/2 cup broccoli finely diced
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- handful cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons peanuts chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 lime zest and juice (start with juice from half a lime, and add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon gluten free tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger minced
- In a large bowl toss cooked quinoa, broccoli, red onion, carrots, cilantro, green onions and peanuts together. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over quinoa and mix until combined.