I love granola. Probably more than I should. I tend not to keep it in the house because I can usually eat it in one or two sittings. I eat it dry, with milk, in yogurt, with fruit, on oatmeal… I simply love granola!
I’ve made granola in the past several times, but this is the best so far! It can be so versatile but this recipe really is the best!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed seeds (I used pumpkin & sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts (I used 1/4 cup each pecans and walnuts)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°f.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup into a small saucepan and melt over a low heat until combined.
- Mix together the oat flour, oats, seeds, nuts and cinnamon in a large bowl. Pour the maple mixture over the top and use a wooden spoon to combine. Pour the mixture onto a lined baking tray and spread into one even layer, compacting it down with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring twice throughout the cooking time (at around 20 minutes & 35 minutes in), until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and season with the sea salt. Give it a mix and allow it to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container to store.