With sundried tomatoes!
I always have good intentions when I buy kale but I find that I get so much of it and can’t use it fast enough… so this time I’m really trying to use it all before it goes bad.
Now, firstly, I realize what is pictured is not a panini but the “delivery” doesn’t really matter, though using panini probably would have been easier to eat… this was a little messy, but so delicious!
I used a couple pieces of naan and I used the quesadilla plates on our Foreman Grill but, like I said, panini bread on a grill press would also easily work.
The best part about this recipe is that it works for things other than a panini. Add a tomato sauce and toss it on some pasta. Or even an alfredo style sauce on pasta. Or maybe a risotto. These 3 simple ingredients are so versatile and make a lovely combination.
Ingredients: 2 servings
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and torn to bite size pieces
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the mushrooms and cook until shiny and start to reduce.
- Add kale and heat until wilted.
- Add sundried tomatoes and stir to mix and heat through.
- Panini (or naan)
- Mayonnaise (vegan, if applicable)
- Dijon mustard
- Goat cheese (if you’re not vegan)
- Using whatever bread you want, prepare how you see fit. Yes, I included goat cheese on the list because I think it would be yummy!
- On my sandwich, I used mayonnaise, guacamole and lettuce.
- Put in your assembled sandwich in a press and heat or grill desired amount.