I don’t know about anyone else, but I tend to get over enthusiastic about avocados. I tend to get them under ripe so they sit on my windowsill and the next thing I know, they’re overripe and need to be used NOW!
I can only eat so much avocado chocolate pudding before I need to have something else – so this is perfect!
- 1 avocado, ripe and pitted
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- zest from lemon
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or cilantro leaves
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups pasta of choice
- Put on a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Combine all ingredients except pasta into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Make pasta as directed and drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- While pasta is draining, add pasta sauce to the pot and put over low heat to warm it up. If sauce is too thick, add pasta water a little at a time until it is at desired thickness.
- Add drained pasta to warmed pasta sauce and toss to coat.
- Divide between two bowls and serve warm.